Record a problem
→ archives: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
|Requests for deletion|
|Requests for pages|
|Report a problem|
→ archives: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
- Please feel free to record bugs or problems that have occurred on your wiki here.
- If you want an admin to block a user, troll, spambot or other creature, go to Ban Patrol.
- Answers to your problems:
- Certainly within ∞ working days!
- All records, no matter it is in archives or not, cannot be answered anymore. JUST SHUT UP.
- Present admins, who will never read your threads:
- CartoonistHenning (He is willing to help you in English, Dutch, Norwegian, French and in German.)
- Rhubella Marie (
He SheIt's [lol it's a sockpuppet] is willing to help you in Portuguese and in Spanish.)
- Important note!!! The users above are no technicians, they only manage incoming reports until an answer arrives. Most likely, Carlb (carlb at kingston.net) will answer you (professional help in English, French, C++ and PHP).
Desgali and Çciclopedia offline[editar]
Desgalipedia and Çciclopedia has been facing server peaks since yesterday. At this time (12 h UCT -3) plus one fall. I tried to make a statement of the situation for at least half an hour here and also in UnMeta was in trouble.
- Desgalipedia = error 522
- Çciclopedia = error 524
Problem sending emails[editar]
- I've sent an e-mail from English Uncyclo as a back up, and there it seems to be working. Anonymous Investigator (talk) 13:32, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
Images on Logimalpédie[editar]
Images newly uploaded to Logimalpédie do not have thumbnails. I uploaded logimalpedie:File:Beige.svg and logimalpedie:File:Beige.png yesterday, and you can see on those pages that there are no thumbnails in the file history where there should be and the SVG file is not successfully converted to a PNG. You can see here and here what these images look like when used on pages: no thumbnail, only a short gray vertical line. At the file path where the thumbnail should be, there is an error message "Erreur lors de la création de la miniature : Fichier manquant". When you try to open the SVG in the Media Viewer, it gives the message "Désolé, le fichier ne peut être chargé. Il semble y avoir un problème technique. Vous pouvez réessayer ou signaler le problème s'il persiste. Erreur : error in provider, thumb info not found".
Images uploaded in 2013 and earlier do not have this problem, but I don't know when it first arose because nothing was uploaded between 2013 and 2018. It could have been the most recent update or an earlier one. The permissions on the thumbnail directory may be set wrong. This ultimately has to go to Carlb, but I believe this is the correct page to report problems on. Llwy-ar-lawr (talk) 12:33, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
Another image problem, probably unrelated, is that logimalpedie:Special:ListFiles is now giving a database error even though it was working just yesterday. Llwy-ar-lawr (talk) 15:11, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
- The same problem happens in Desgalipedia, the image does not appear leaving this message:
Erro ao crear a miniatura: convert: Output file write error --- out of disk space? `/tmp/transform_a265d529d990.jpg' @ error/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/322. Error code: 1
- Examples here Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2 604 preppiedits 17:09, 23 December 2018 (UTC)
Erro ao crear a miniatura: convert: Output file write error --- out of disk space? `/tmp/transform_42e483d74cd5.jpg' @ error/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/322. Error code: 1
Also, you can not load a new image, and the message appears in place: O ficheiro que cargou semella estar baleiro. Isto pode deberse a un erro ortográfico no seu nome. Por favor, verifique se realmente quere cargar este ficheiro. The problem also appears in UnCommons.
- I wonder if/when we'll get a resolution to this. I've just discovered that Irratiopedia has two of these on its main page. "Error generating thumbnail" again. The rest of the message is "Het maken van een miniatuurafbeelding is te vaak mislukt (4 keer of vaker). Probeer het later nog eens." (I can't read this, but Google Translate says it means "Creating a thumbnail image has failed too often (4 times or more). Please try again later.") Those images were uploaded in 2013 and 2014 respectively, so this must have been going on for quite some time. For some reason the PNG file has a .jpeg added to the thumbnail name and the JPG has a .png added. Part of the same thing or yet another problem? No idea. Llwy-ar-lawr (talk) 05:41, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- Just give up. Nobody here seemed willing to help. ABDUL ALHAZRED Salah, Zakāh, Ramadan, Hajj 16:37, 14 January 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, Yes. We suffered the same problem in Desgalipedia the last days 5 and 6 of that month, before the servers fell again. I begin to notice a pattern that the problem may be a faulty server. Maybe CarlB will say that he will need to buy a demo memory. However, a very large difference between this problem occurred in the uncyclopedias on days 5 and 6 and in Irratiopedia on the 13th. I will pass on an email to Carlb, although I do not know how to explain why he ignores it here. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2 604 preppiedits 01:37, 16 January 2019 (UTC)
Mediawiki 1.31 and extensions[editar]
- <div class="NavFrame"> is not working
- The same problem affects Malucopédia and Wikimerda. Good other problems of each Brazilian site plus the sacred Desgalipedia were searched and forwarded to the current forum about MediaWiki 1.31 Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2 604 preppiedits 23:50, 5 January 2019 (UTC)
- Firstly, how can I really believe that deleting the common.js actually caused the problem if it persisted? I'm not discrediting you but Carlb had informed me that he deleted the extension believing that to be the problem. In that case, if you do not mind I'll copy the code and I'll switch to Malucopedia since the site has the same problem. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2 604 preppiedits 01:33, 23 January 2019 (UTC)
- I hate to admit it but I noticed in this third server crash (last Saturday on Wikimerda) a certain pattern with the same problems in the images, either loading new images or the images are in miniature. Should I confirm that this is some sort of backup upgrade? Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2 604 preppiedits 01:41, 23 January 2019 (UTC)